Latest topics
» менюдиеты на раздельном питании
Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:41 am by Guest

» областная гинекология
Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:57 pm by Guest

» Virtually as cheap as files
Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:58 pm by Guest

» When the first Whirlpool Duet album was released in December 2001 came as a surprise to the public
Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:14 pm by Guest

» kankuro hentai kannagi hentai
Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:23 pm by Guest

» Marriage Dresses
Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:24 pm by Guest

» runescape bots
Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:17 pm by Guest

» PLEASE USE THE NEW FORUMS
Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:36 pm by Chacmo

» PLEASE USE THE NEW FORUMS
Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:35 pm by Chacmo

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:46 pm
Poll

Purchasing New PC

Go down

Purchasing New PC

Post  Eristia on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:53 am

When I decided to make a tank, I never considered how poor my FPS were. Rather than wait until I graduate to purchase a new PC, I decided to do it within the next two weeks. I was hoping someone could offer suggestions. I can't go balls to the wall wild at this point in time, so my upper limit is probably going to be $1500. Some specific specs I am looking for are the Intell Core I7 and at least 6gb (at the very least) ram. Don't really care for the size of the hard drive.

Right now I am looking at an Alienware and and HP. I do not like Dell or Gateway.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

~eristia ^_^;

Eristia

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Purchasing New PC

Post  Mythaniel on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:52 pm

If you have a Fry's Electronics in your area (there aren't very many but hey are nation wide privately owned electronics company) they sell their own brand of PCs that range from the "checking my e-mails on the weekends" computers to RT video editing workstations. Their prices are much lighter than most of the "brand name" PCs and I think you can lifetime warranty the system you purchase for like 20.00 extra.

http://www.frys.com/search?query_string=&sort=price&order=asc&order_by=p03a&cat=-59332&pType=pDisplay&from=0&to=24

Personally, I built my comp. If you're not really a tech person though buying a brand name is nice just for the customer support. Alienware has really nice customer support. HP not so much... although I don't know if I'd encourage purchasing an Alienware only because I think that you pay more for the Alienware name than the actual machine.

Mythaniel

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eristia on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:32 pm

I agree. Alienware is overpriced, but so damn sexy. I should have more options while in DC. I'll ask some of the locals about Frys.

I'd like to build my own, but I need to pay it off before spring semester. I just decided on upgrading this morning. My PC at work is weak so I haven't had a chance to look around much.

Thanks for input.

~eristia

PS. This is v1.1. I lost v1.0 when I closed my phone browser instead of locking it. We were getting pulled over. >_<

Eristia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malucious on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 am

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227146 it has what u need but if u can put a computer from parts i can build u one to that price if not that would be a safe choice u can squeeze a new monitor in to that if u want as well.

Malucious

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boosh on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:44 am

I got my PC from newegg.com only issue I had with mine is that the USB port in the front is upsidedown so I go to put my battery charger in and the batteries fall out lol. and the sound input / output jacks up front do not work. no real biggie though.

I dunno if that's how all of their computers are or just the type I got. Paid 800 bucks for mine 900 total. all in all i'm very happy with it.
Boosh

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eristia on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:52 am

We are headed to Microcenter today. I've never been, so I don't know what to expect. I typically don't mind paying for convience, and I am so excited about upgrading that I might opt for immediate gratification. At any rate, they should help me pick out a graphics card, because that is the only thing i can't decide upon.

If the price there runs higher than expected, I do it all on newegg. I'd like to pick up a sweet monitor before we leave.

I guess the only other issue is waiting the 3 days it will take to install WoW. >_<

At least I am not bitter about retiring my craptop. I just bought it 14 months ago.

Thanks again,

~eristia^

Eristia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eristia on Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:59 pm

Well, I built a small beast. Place called The Computer place. Bottom line: 1.7k. A little over budget, but this thing will last a long time. Can't really type in all the specs on my iPhone.

I'll put it together on Monday. I'll be stuck with a less than optimal monitor. But I had to take a break from spending.

~eristia

Eristia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythaniel on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:29 pm

lol grats on the new diggs =P

Mythaniel

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sherm on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:41 pm

nice gratz on the sweet pc

sherm

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boosh on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:51 pm

you spent $1700 on a pc and still have to assemble it? hopefully those were all in parts that are amazing... lol
Boosh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eristia on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm

The bank breaker was the processor. I chose the i7 core at about $600. I wouldn't compromise on that.

I chose to put it together myself. My major doesn't do a lot of hands on tech stuff, so I figured it would be a good opportunity for experience.

~eristia

Eristia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boosh on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:59 pm

I see...

$600!!!??? lol OUCH!! I paid 900 total for the entire tower and I don't need to upgrade for a long time still lol. now it isnt an alienware by any means but still decent. better than my old POS dell.
Boosh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eristia on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Everything went smooth with assembly. Won't be on tonight. If you've even had to install WoW on another computer you know my pain. It's at 9% now, and I"ll probably have to run it all night.

I ended up purchasing a monitor before I left, my BF picked up the tab.

Can't wait to try this thing out.

~eristia

Eristia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: